[ Skip to content ]
Top of Chatbot Close Chatbot

Tax Information

Options in Finding Your Tax Information

Tax Information FAQs

How do I get a copy of my 1098-E tax form?

You can view and print a copy of your 1098-E tax form by accessing the "Documents" section of Manage My Account.

Can I deduct the student loan interest I paid on my tax return?

You may be able to deduct interest paid on eligible student loans. Edfinancial's customer service representatives cannot provide tax advice. If you have questions about allowable deductions for the interest or origination fees paid on your loan(s), please contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) toll free at 1-800-829-1040, or a tax professional.

Is the IRS Form 1098-E required to file my taxes?

Only the amount of interest you paid and the tax ID (EIN) number are required to file your taxes. The actual IRS Form 1098-E is not required.

What is Edfinancial's tax ID (EIN) number?

Edfinancial utilizes more than one tax ID (EIN) number based on the owner of your loan(s). After tax information becomes available, you may view the tax ID number that applies to your specific loan(s) by reviewing your 1098-E tax form.

How do I print my tax information online?

Tax information is available online in the Manage My Account (MMA) borrower portal. After logging into MMA, select "Documents" in the top navigation and then select "Tax Info" to view or print a copy of your IRS Form 1098-E.

I made payments on a student loan that is not in my name. Can I claim the interest I paid on my taxes?

Edfinancial's customer service representatives cannot provide tax advice. Please contact a tax professional, or contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or www.irs.gov.